Saturday, January 2, 2010

THANKFUL

I got a little excited with the merry-making and reunions and eating here and there that i kinda neglected my duties as a writer. err a blogger. err a girlfriend. scratch that. make it a bloggerlfriend.

This is gonna be my first post for the year 2010. So i better behave.

Today, i will be making a list. A THANKFUL list.

The past year has been a very beautiful one. Y'all know that.

And I just want to stop, take a deep breath and count the things I have that I am grateful for.

Family, healthy bodies, spontaneous "I Love You's" from chicken, sunshine, hands to hold, books, food, comfy home, a bed to sleep in at night, evening conversations, happy breakfasts, memories of HK and Macau, laughter, sweet text messages and emails, poems, internet, safe journeys, new beginnings, warm friendships, hopeful tomorrows


for the hugs and kisses


for the ice creams


for the quiet moments


for a man i feel cherished by everyday


and for smiles that make my days bright.


Here's to a brand new year

... and another chance to get it right.

CHEERS to 2010!

XOXO

People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have.
-- Richard Carlson

No comments: