Tuesday, December 15, 2009

1st december 2009

I arrived at the airport an hour and a half early, before the happy crowd with their baggies and boxes and cameras pile up at the arrival hall.

Everyone was waiting for someone. Others with blank looks on their face. Some smiling , some were calm and a lot were bored. I was breathless. I felt like a diver who finds herself a long way down and suddenly sucking on the last drops of air from a broken tank.

It was as if the waiting and looking for that familiar face will never end.

At exactly 6:47pm, I saw him.for the first time. Chicken was a vision of red.

He moved as though he was at once rooted to the ground and weightless. There was a smile painted on his face. I had to restrain myself from shouting at him. I had to restrain myself from running towards him.

Half the time, i was telling myself to believe that he really is here. Half the time i was wishing this feeling would never end.

And as I breathe his nearness, we continued to walk with his hands holding mine.

No comments: