Monday, September 21, 2009

SPARK


In every town and village,
In every city square,
In crowded places
I searched the faces
Hoping to find
Someone to care.


It was an ordinary day in my ordinary life when he came. I was in the office earning dollars by listening to old people cussing because they didn't get their morning paper. I wasn't in a very good mood when Rainey, one of my closest friends, nudged me and said " Girl, may papakilala ako sa'yo." I wasn't sure what she meant. But i said, "Sure."

It suddenly became clear to me that Rainey was using her Yahoo inbox to chat with some old friends. She was asking some guy if he already has a girlfriend yada yada. Before i knew it, Rainey and I were choosing photos of me so we can send it over to her friend. It was hard to choose when you don't have much choice. The photos i had: me holding a bottle of brandy, me holding a shot glass, me dancing with a bottle and a shot glass. So you see, i really wasn't expecting the guy would like whats in those photos.

I read mysterious meanings
In the distant stars,
Then I went to schoolrooms
And poolrooms And half-lighted cocktail bars.

But Rainey sent it anyway. And the response was fast! And boy, was i wrong? The guy said "mukhang tomador." I smiled. He knew what he saw. And he didn't hide it. The moments that followed were in a blur. I remembered asking Raine if her friend is on facebook too. So I gave my email and forgot all about that as i went back and listened to the yelling callers.

Braving dangers, Going with strangers,
I don`t even remember their names.

I was quick and breezy
And always easy
Playing romantic games.


At 3:15 am, i was ready to call it a day. I took a bus and went home. After a quick breakfast, i decided to log in to facebook. There, i saw an invite from Marco Mauricio. So, this is the guy. I looked at his picture. He's cute. And kalbo. And chubby too! And i thought, my tomador photo didn't stop him from taking time to send the invite. That was something. Definitely something. Did i see spark? Yes. But i denied it. This guy is not even here. He's soo far from me. It's just not possible.

Then you rose into my life
Like a promised sunrise.
Brightening my days with the light in your eyes.
I`ve never been so strong,

Now I`m where I belong.


That morning, i slept. Not knowing I found him. That one man who would make my life complete. <3



No comments: